Healthy Snack Ideas for Toddlers and Baby Led Weaning Recipes
Whether you are trying baby led weaning for your little one or just want a great healthy snack idea for your toddler, we’ve compiled some fun recipes for you below. If you’re just interested in learning more about baby led weaning, we explain it in more detail here.
Kale Potato Pancakes
- 2 Amara Potato and Kale pouches
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 Egg
- Coconut Oil
- Pour pouches, milk and eggs into medium mixing bowl (add dash of salt optional)
- Mix ingredients until smooth, let sit for 5 minutes
- Heat a dab of coconut oil over medium heat on skillet
- Drop 1/4 cup into center of the pan
- Smooth down evenly with a fork
- Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown
Flip and cook until pancake rises and golden brown
Organic Oats n Berries Crepes
- 2 pouches of Amara Oats n Berries
- 3/4 - almost 1 cup organic flour
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted grass-fed butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- When measuring the Amara Oats n Berries and flour, use a 1 cup measuring cup, fill the bottom with 2 bags of organic baby food, then fill the rest to the brim with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour-baby food mixture and eggs. Stir in water and milk slowly. It will seem "watery".
- Add melted butter and salt, then mix until no more clumps and smooth.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat with coconut oil. Add over 1/4 cup of batter to the pan. Rotate the pan slowly, in a circular motion to coat the bottom with even amounts of batter.
Cook one side for 2 minutes and flip and cook the other side until golden. I literally use it for anything egg related.
Easy 5 Ingredient Organic Toddler Bites
- 3 pouches of Amara Banana with 1/3 cup of water
- 1½ cups organic quick oats
- ⅓ cup organic peanut butter
- ¼ cup organic chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, rehydrate Amara Banana pouches with 1/3 cup of water. Stir in water very slowly.
- Mix in oats and peanut butter and stir well.
- Add in chocolate chips and honey.
- Place table spoonfuls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 12 mins on center rack.
Whether used in a puree for your baby starting solids, or in these fun recipes for a healthy snack for your baby and toddler– remember that Amara is just the fruits and veggies without the water. Add liquid back in and the fun begins!
Don’t have a fresh organic banana for banana bread, that’s right – you can use a pouch of Amara banana to replace a fresh banana! With our premium technology, the taste, texture and nutrition of fresh comes back to life when you add liquid. Did you know that even our Amara banana will go brown if you leave it out long enough (that’s because it’s just 100% organic bananas). Magical.